HybridZ

Drag Radial Wheels, 280Z

I'm planning on getting some 235/60-15 drag radials. CAr is '77 280Z with standard 4/4.5 lug pattern. Figure I need a 15x7" wheel with a 10-15mm offset toward the inside of the car.

Any standard Z wheels that will do the job? I'm looking for minimum investment here.

Guest Phil1934

i hoped to give you a reply, but did not get to work on 260 last weekend. I bought 300Z wheels (15"x6-1/2") and looks like 1/4" on one end and 1/2" spacer on other end will do. I bought a few $6.50 spacers at Pep Boys and plan to toss the short shank lug nuts for some long shanks that will protrude into spacer. I'll tack weld the multiple spacer together. I'll update this ASAP.

Thanks for the input guys. I had ruled out the 280Z turbo rims because the BFG site had recommended 6.5" - 7.5" rim width for the 235/60-15's and the Zx rims are only 6.0" wide. As long as it can hold on at 120 mph I guess we're golden. Makes me a bit nervous, though.