HybridZ

lowering and shocks

Buy and install a used coil-over suspension setup from someone who has a Z car. It's fully adjustable and bargain priced--same thing I did, only it came out to being 'free' since I sold parts off of the parts car I had purchased.

Davy

"Cheapest" would be to take a torch to the springs making them droop. Second cheapest would be cutting a coil or two off the existing springs. Two of the worst ways to lower a car.

Next cheapest would be some "performance" springs that use the stock perches (MSA has them). I think these will lower the car about that much.

If you want adjustability, then coil overs are the way to go. But they are far from the "cheapest".

Wouldn't removing the stock strut isolators and installing camber plates also lower the car about an inch to an inch and a half?

On my 280Z, the front is about an inch higher than the back, so is there anything I can do to bring the front down, so when I put the lowering springs in, it's even? If I absolutely have to, I might raise the back even first.

thx.

You know, there is a difference in the size of the isolators(?) between the 240Z and the 280Z---one is taller then the other. As far as I know, they can be swapped one for the other, unless someone else knows otherwise. You could certainly research that and swap out one end for a shorter unit. Just a hunch.

Davy