HybridZ

Griffin aluminum radiator... Or any others

Guest sweething_2_5

Guest sweething_2_5

I was wondering if anybody has gotten a estimate from them regarding a custom radiator from griffin. I was thinkin about getting one and wondering if anybody else has had any experince with this company or its products...

Or any other raditators.....

Thanks

Jason 77 280z

I just went through getting a cross flow radiator for my 83. I looked at three companies, one of which I cant remember what the name was, but I could not get anyone on the phone so I dropped them as a builder.

Griffin radiators are known for their quality and do work well. The one thing that I really did not like about their unit wasthe fact that they use epoxy to seal the end tanks. I realize this works well, but for me I did not want any sealer, glue, or anythhing else used on my radiator except welding to make the part.

I found a company CR Racing and they made the radiator to my specifications, all welded parts, not glue of any sort. I am very pleases with the part, and I think it will last a good long time in my car. If you are interested in what they have to offer and talk to someone, give Rob a call at (317) 293-4100, tell him Jeff Priddy sent you.

I made sure Rob did a set of drawings on my unit as it will fit any zcar application. The radiator will also support a 600hp engine and provide proper cooling for performance applications as well stock applications.

hope that helps. :D

Why a custom build? Quite a number of people here are using standard Griffin rads from summit. Some are even pushing 600 HP.

Also I hear what you are saying about the welded vs. glued, but glues these days aren't what they use to be. I read somewhere that Humvee bodies are actually glued to their frames.

Why not buy a standard unit and save some bux?

Never heard of a Griffin blowing off or leaking at the seals for the tanks. 500RWHP here and my 3-yr old Griffin is doing just fine. Temps never go above 185* in the FL summer with a 28" FMIC, oil cooler and B&M trans cooler all in front of it. BTW, that is with an unidentified shrouded 16" fan from the J/Y .

You have to fab mounts and it has no petcock, but still a bargain at $188.