HybridZ

AAC removal on turbo EFI

aarang

I recently finished porting my non EGR intake for a 60mm T/B for my 280ZXT. I am running the stock EFI and can't use the AAC valve with this manifold or the the Vacuum control modulator that controls it. Is it possible to still use the Air regulator without the AAC valve to raise the idle on cold start-up and have it work correctly w/o the water lines plumbed to it? Am I causing more grief for myself than its worth? I'm using this manifold purely for asthetics. Has anyone done this before?

Any help is greatly appreciated :-D

Guest jt240z

Here's what you're missing. When you disconnect the vacume hose, you're allowing the AAC to bypass the most air into the engine. The greater the vacume, the more is shuts down the bypass valve with will restrict the amount of air entering the engine. This is how the modulator controls the AAC and thus controls the idle. If you remove the AAC valve completely, you have to block off the two exposed ports with a gasket and block off plate.