HybridZ

Problem finding good paint stripper! Help!!

deMideon

I've need to strip all the paint off of my 280. In a previous thread Orange Crush said he used Aircraft stipper by Krud-Kutter, now that I am doing this I can't find it!! My Pep-boys doesn't carry it and the Krud-cutter website doesn't list it :cry:

So I need to find a really good paint stripper!!! Tried BIX marine and it did not work well.... any ideas??? Thanks!!

When i stripped my hood and whale tail I didn`t wear any gloves. :shock: It made more of a mess of my hands than anything. (I have unusually thick calluses on my hands) But I was using fiberglass safe stripper which may not be as harsh as aircraft stripper.

Thanks for the tips! I will be in a garage with the big door open so ventilation should be ok. I will be using gloves etc... especially eye protection. Thanks! By the way... I will be putting a phosphoric acid based solution on my car when its down to bare metal, is there a specific percentage I should be looking for?

RacerX (and I appologize for highjacking this post),

Is there a product that has less viscosity than Aircraft stripper that one could dip parts in (leave over night if necessary) that will clean paint off of smaller parts, like hood hinges etc. Maybe some muriatic acid or something?

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks! I did get Triple Etch at NAPA, I really want to make sure I do this right. As I take off the paint I can see that whoever painted it last di primer / surfacer / sealer, but didn't prep the metal properly so there is a lot of little rust spots everywhere under the paint!!! :roll::roll::roll: