HybridZ

Anyone ever notice....

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

that a lot of oil seems to build up on the inside of the stock J-pipe between turbo and throttle body? I thought the first one was just a fluke but then I welded my BOV on in the wrong place and had to get another one, and noticed that it too was entirely coated with oil on the inside... then I took the third one off that came with my turbo engine... yup same thing. Never seen oil like this coating the inside of intake parts... what gives??? None of these J pipes came off the same car so i assume that this is a common thing on ZXT's?

I took off the pipe that goes into the throttle body to do a little cleaning last weekend and I noticed a little bit of oil in there also. I guess it's from oil getting through a gasket and the compressor is blowing through the system.

On a sidenote, I didn't clamp the pipe back tight enough and blew it right off on a 3rd gear blast :bonk:

Guest bastaad525

where would the oil be coming from though?? I'm thinking the only place it could be introduced is at the turbo?? Is that a bad sign if your turbo is leaking oil into your intake? I can only imagine that that's doing something bad to the rest of the car too!

Guest shauno_

I f I remember correctly from a small garret course I took.... The turbo seals weep a small amount of oil most of the time and more if your oil feed has high pressure running to the turbo.

Mainly for initial lubrication on the way to the chamber...

Unless it's oozing oil, then it's nothing to worry about. :wink: