HybridZ

440cc injectors on the way

Drax240z

Just got 6 supra turbo 440cc/min injectors sweet. :)

Has anyone used these injectors before on an L series intake, and can tell me if the injector ports have to be redrilled to accept the O-ring? Any tips from someone that has done it would be appreciated.

Planning on a new fuel rail, and a much nicer looking intake to swap on at the same time. (I'm going to get a 2nd intake and clean it up much better than the current one before swapping)

Getting there. :) 3" exhaust is high on the list of upcoming mods, as is the 3.54 R200 I have in the garage.

I am running the supra injectors on my Z right now. they fit in the manifold just fine, use the OE Oring's on the manifold side. I can send you some pics of the fuel rail, its a little wierd but gets the job done well. I couldnt locate the stock supra plugs, so my injectors are very "poorly" wired right now :( later

~Kenny

Yeha Kenny, I'd like to see some pictures of your setup.

For those of you running a straight fuel rail, what have you done about pressure regulator relocation? Any ideas to incorporate it so that it doesn't look like an afterthought? I don't have any great desire to buy any other type of FPR, as the nissan one will do the job for me, so looking for other options for mounting to clean up the engine bay a bit.

Went to a 700 car, car show yesterday, and got waay too many ideas. :)

Yeha Kenny' date=' I'd like to see some pictures of your setup.

For those of you running a straight fuel rail, what have you done about pressure regulator relocation? Any ideas to incorporate it so that it doesn't look like an afterthought? I don't have any great desire to buy any other type of FPR, as the nissan one will do the job for me, so looking for other options for mounting to clean up the engine bay a bit.

Went to a 700 car, car show yesterday, and got waay too many ideas. :)[/quote']

I mounted mine just forward of the right hand strut tower, right by the stock return line. The firewall is not a safe place for it, and that's also the reason I went with steel braided line from the rear of the rail to the regulator, as it passes behind the engine on the firewall. I think you'll have trouble making the stock regulator not look like an afterthought with a straight fuel rail, just MO.

well i am using the stock FPR with a straight rail and i think it turned out fine. Im running the fuel into the back of the fuel rail(firewall) then I have the regulator mounted on the front of the engine on a stud coming out of hte head (which i think was used to mount hte old fuel rail). All it took was a little modifing of the mounting bracket.

-Austin HoKe

Drag racing sanctioning bodies do not allow firewall mounting of fuel systems for (I believe) one reason -- clutch and tranny explosions tend to take out components on the firewall, for rear wheel drive.

I think in general it is a bad idea to run fuel lines in harm's way, such as behind or in front of an engine where they can get damaged in a crash. Datsun had a reason for running the fuel lines in steel across the engine. That's why I turned to the reinforced, braided lines to run mine, despite the fact I'm a cheapskate.