HybridZ

Finally I can feel no shame for my license plate - QWKDTSN!

QWKDTSN

You wouldn't believe it, and I'm still trying to puzzle it out, but for all this time my timing has been set at something like eight degrees - RETARDED! In tuning my engine I know I set it to 10 advanced, and I've checked it several times. Well, I finally got around to checking it again, and suddenly it reads way retarded. Okay, so I turn the diff, and keep turning, and the engine starts running better right away! REvs start to rise and the idle smooths out immediately. It was so far off that I had to pull the dizzy and re-stab it a tooth over so that I'd have enough room to set the timing right! I still have no idea how this could happen, that it would be so far off that I would need to re-stab the distributor. Anyway, I re-set the idle and took it for a drive. What do you know - my car is FINALLY FINISHED! I'm having a hard time grasping the idea that my car is finally done - it runs right with no problems whatsoever! All of a sudden, I can smash the gas to the floor in second and it will run perfectly from 1k to 6k - and god, does it pull hard. Third gear pulls leave me breathless. If someone wants to host, I'm working on a short video of her :D