HybridZ

injector power?

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I am troubleshooting my little conversion, can someone tell me if I should have battery voltage at both contacts of the injector connectors? I also have continuity between both contacts of the injector connectors. This seems wrong to me. can someone test theirs and tell me what they get?

I have an 83 turbo harness.

Battery voltage is always present at the injectors. The injectors are turned on by the ECU pulling one terminal down to ground to get the current flowing.

How are you measuring continuity? The injectors themselves have very low resistance, and can be mistaken for a short (~2-3 ohms).

Guest szlash280z

I have batt. voltage to each pin of my injector connectors. I thought that one side should be ground and have no power while the other side is the one that gets power from the fusible links. I have done the injector circuit test in the FSM that tests the "ground" wire for each injector and it says it should have battery voltage. So I guess both wires should have battery voltage until the computer trips the ground.

You only have + to the injectors, the ECU on the ZXT throws ground to fire the injectors, so an analog meter would probably show this best. Or if you rotate the diz by hand, you can hear the injectors click off, I had them hooked up one at a time so I could test each one.

Originally only two of my injectors were 'clicking' at all. They all fire simultaneously. If you look at the wiring schematic you see green and black, and one of those is a common ground (black I think but I forget, and Nissan did things very backwards of how is done today) all shorted to each other which is tripped at some point.

Guest szlash280z

I tried rotating my distributor by hand with the ignition on and I didn’t get any clicks at all. I took out the connector and wiggled it a little bit and I thought I heard a click, but couldn’t get it to do it again. Should I hear a very pronounced injector clicking when I do this?

I am going to try some cleaner on the contacts and maybe disassemble it and see what I can clean inside. I just read that the CAS sends signals to the ECU which in turn sends the fire signal thru pin 5. So if my distributor is not working then the ECU is not going to send the fire signal at all, I think. That would explain why it is not firing at all when everything is hooked up correctly (I think it's correct anyway)

Guest szlash280z

I get no consistent clicking of my injectors when rotating the dizzy by hand. I got a few clicks after cleaning the contacts and stuff, but I had to wiggle the connector and turn the thing about 60000 times in between clicks, shouldn't the injectors click a lot when you spin it?

I gotta find my other dizzy.