HybridZ

Cool Video

Drax240z

Guest Want aZ

You can say that again Chuck!!

NEVER seen a car that could be me on a bike...that is on the street anyway.

Of course It was a Yamaha FJ1200 too

Or the V8Z crowd. :D

These cars are beasts.

Throw on a 20mm restrictor, work your ass of to get 80rwhp out of the engine through the restrictor at 13,000rpm. Make as much torque as you can. (usually about 50ft-lbs) Feed it through the 6spd gearbox.

Then you take a ~440lbs car, throw 13"x6" super-soft tires on it, a zexel torsen limited slip diff, big brakes and some serious gear reduction.

75m in 4.01 seconds. This is how the acceleration event is run in Detroit. Most top teams are doing about 70mph at 75m. 0-70mph in 4.01seconds. Throw in 1.5g's of cornering and braking. :D

However, your first meeting with an SUV wouldn't be a good one... unless it was the Canyonaro and you managed to go under it. :D

Actually they are some sticky 7 inch hoosiers. And we choose the best run of the car of course to put in the video. The car consistantly beat the bike especially in the corners. The car weighs the same and has ten times traction area and about the same weight.

Hey 240jz, whats up? I was one of those crazy UVic guys in detroit last year that crammed into your van heading downtown... were you one of the ~20 people in that van too? ;)

Hmm, didn't realize you guys were running 7's in the rear... thought your setup was the same as ours for wheels and tires. Or were the 7's just a testing thing?

Damn, I really wanted to go to Claude Rouelle, but being my final year of FSAE I really wanted to be around for the roadtrip home with the team too. In retrospect I think I made a good choice though. We did some sightseeing on the way home, and saw some great places like Wall Drug. :D (after 2 trips across the US seeing the signs for hundreds of miles, we finally stopped to see what all the hype was about, figuring there was a guy in a shack making signs and that was it)

I wish I had the chance to do it all again though and hit Claude Roulle's seminar this time around. (I guess I could just find a way to cough up the $1500+ its going to cost me)