HybridZ

guys quick question.. Photo inside... HELP!

Guest ON3GO

hey guys as you know im putting my suspension back together and my bushings are giving me trouble because my father threw away the direction sheet for my 280Z Energy Suspension Master Kit.

well im eye balling it pretty much and im doing my strut tension rod but thing is i dont know if what im doing is correct. heres two pics.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1483

thats the stock one... i didnt touch it yet.

and heres the engery suspension one.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1484

i know those bushings go there i just dont know if those metal spacers do...

am i correct? do i need to use the stock extra spacer in front of the Engery suspension spacers? lol i dunno.

any help would be great.

thanks

mike

i believe you are correct, in your picture. when i have done them before i never reused any of the stock pieces. the only problem you might run into is actually starting the nut on the rod once installed. if i remember right you might have to compress the urethane bushings a little in order to get the nut to start on the rod.

D

i have plent of thread for the nut to screw on to.. im jsut afraid the washers will slip off over the rod, as its really close from sliding over it now.. not much different in thickness from the sleeve the washer sits on and the rod itself..

btw ill ask again... anybody have a 280Z Energy Suspension Direction sheet they can scan or some how show me so it could make this easier.

thanks..

wait wait wait.. ok the bushings go into the little ress area and the other spacer/washer goes behind thw whole frame rail, then the nut goes there. ok i think i got it.. but theres no way for me to connect the nut.. like Idnevno said i have to compress the bushing guess.. but how.. what do i need to get... this is becoming a pain in the asssssss.

thanks

mike

no!!!! :D not like htat, one bushing on each side of the mount point on the frame. They're tension bushings, so as the control arm goes up and down, the tension rod maintains proper geometry and toe.

control_arm_installed.jpg

See how one bushing is on mine? the other's on hte other side of the mount point. It should go, from the nut on the end, towards the control arm like this:

NUT - large metal washer - bushing - frame mount hole - bushing - large metal washer - rest of tension rod.

ah ok, i get what you mean. you put the sleeve on and the bushings rest on that ahh ok. one thing those. on the stock car theres a flat small washer before the large washer... i dont think i use it but it seems safer because the large washer's hole is almost as big as the rod.. seems like if enough pressure is forced on it could slip off.

guys i cant use the stock large washers with my new bushings...

the sleeve that the bushings sit on is too large and the hole in the stock washers are too small and wont fit on the sleeve... so i have to use those large washers that came for the kit, that i was told is for the rear.

ok guys i think i got it.. heres a pic of it all together on my desk, i left a gap between the bushings to show thats where teh frame will be.. and you can see the Sleeve the kit came with between the bushings.

album_pic.php?pic_id=1486

did i pass the test? atleast a B-?

hehe

I'm in the process of replacing the same bushing on my 73 240. The stock t/c bushings have a thin washer housing the the bushing on both sides of the frame fit into. Mine are realy rusted. Looking in 2 dif stock replacement parts cat's don't show these at all. Anyone seen these before? are they needed?