HybridZ

Just say this ony ebay..

Guest Anonymous

The car is loaded with extras and labor. needs a 200 diff and posssibly an aftermarket radiator. Anyone wanting a v8 conversion, this will save you money.

Life just gets in the way sometimes. Duende has posted here before. Too bad it's going away.

I just looked at my own situation: I have 3 cars now, and soon to be 4 cars with the new Z. I'm looking into getting the side yard cemented to park something on the side of the house. Yipes.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Its sort of a sad fact, the hybrids are great performers, but people usually won't pay near what they're worth for a converted car (or hybrid in general V8 motor or not). I've seen a few member sell they're cars and they start in the 7k figure (still taking a beating) and end up either parting out the car, sell the engine or shell only to try and recoup something back.

Hot rods generally lose money period, unless they are something rare or just really well done, but even then a person will take a beating when they sell it. If you know that going in, no sweat, if not, it shocks them to death when they put it on Ebay for 12k and no one even gives it second throught of buying it. Not when people have to dump ALMOST done cars for 4-4.5k.

Just an opinion, but one I think I can back up just from what I've witnessed here on HybridZ/Ebay etc..

Regards,

Lone

Ps: Thats why people say to buy converted if you can, wish I had been able to, sure would have saved some coin... :mad:

I agree with Lone. Converting a Z-car cannot be considered a sound investment. It is a hobby. You have to do it for a sheer sense of accomplishment and enjoyment like any other hobby. The economics are not there and never will be.

I have had my ZX tied up for almost a year now and have spent $4,500 on the engine, $5,000 more in tranny, exhaust, spark, drive-line and other parts, and labor will be several thousand more. By the time I do tires and wheels, stereo, and some air-dams I will be looking at out-of-pocket expenses of over $18,000, and that's not even figuring the value of the car itself frown.gif . Also, no more A/C unit bonk.gif . I have to love this car a lot more than the money I had to earn to convert it.

Would have been far more economical to buy a converted Z-V8 and do upgrades. Why in the world am I doing this? :confused:

Dan H

Guest Anonymous

Hey Dan,

The reason we do this is answered the first time Mr. Foot meets Mr. Floor after the conversion.

Mine still has problems in a few areas, mostly undersprung front suspension, but before I had to leave it in Tempe for a while I was waking up enjoying wherever I'm driving.

When its running right, its oh so fine, definitely not refined, barely ummm. (legal?) but a real musclecar by way of tokyo. :D

Regards,

Lone

Originally posted by Dan H.:

Would have been far more economical to buy a converted Z-V8 and do upgrades. Why in the world am I doing this? :confused:

Dan H

Well, some do it because they like the process as well as the result (i.e., hobby) - others just want to drive a fast HybridZ.

Me, I'd have a hard time buying one, unless it was the caliber of SuperDan's car, and that was an incredible steal of a price too.

But it sure is cheaper to buy one done or almost done. Sorry to see someone else lose their baby for much less than they put into $$wise building it!