HybridZ

sound clips for turbo L28's????

Guest ON3GO

Guest bastaad525

I dont think you ever really get an idea of what a cars exhaust sounds like from a recording... exhaust just doesnt transfer well to tape. Why do you want to hear one so badly?

im just iching to find out what my car might sound like....

almost everything is ordered so i just gotta wait for the parts and need to find piping for my fmic and downpipe and a few fuel things that im lost on..

Guest bastaad525

heheh you're as bad as I am :) I was so eager when my engine swap was being done... man I would carry the boost controller around with me to work and was just reluctant to put it down. Well a turbo car can sound however you want it to sound man, whatever exhaust you put on it. The only difference of course is the turbo whine and for me the sound of air just being sucked into the intake is much louder than any N/A I've ever had. The sound of the turbo spinning can also vary with your exhaust setup... the really cool sounds come out when you run an open BOV :)

well you tell me if you think its gonna sound good.. full 3 inch exhaust to a Blitz 80mm Turbo muffler, Turbo XS RFL bov, T3/T4 stage 3 turbo, prob no intake for now as im broke and im guessing i have to fab one up..

oh a a custom intake manifold with two 50mm 300zx t-bodys...

oh i think im worse then you.. i bought my Blitz BC i-D boost controller and Powermeter i-D like almost a year before i got my old Z.. :) its on my desk, looks like art work :)...

Yeah i also want to see some z with zxt motor footage. Once the turbo bug bites you just cant stop thinking about what it will be like. Cant wait to get mine done, gonna be starting on the swap in the next couple of days. Just need to pinpoint a few probs with the zx wiring harness then she goes into the z, cant wait. I plan on running an saab ic-- all i can afford at the moment, hallman es mbc, three inch exhaust with dyno max ultra flow straight through, cone intake, a hks ssqv, and hopefully i can find a shaved intake manifold, custom downpipe, and a jsk innovations fuel rail. When i get the motor droped in and running right. :twisted:

sounds nice!

the Saab IC isnt bad at all... holds boost great.. look at a NPR... you can get them dirt cheap too. i was gonna get a NPR but i found a real nice Spearco one for not alot of money at all so i got that.

best of luck man.

Can't really hear my 240ZT. I have all 3" stuff waiting to be fabbed up and installed as soon as i can figure out what the heck is going on with my Z. I also bought one of those 3" in/out straight-through mufflers just to see what she'll sound like :D The exhaust i currently have on is a 2 1/2" 45deg downpipe to 2 1/2" mandral to a Dynomax turbo. You can hear (not really) and see it if you click HERE with this setup.

Yo, send me the clip if you can.