HybridZ

Turbo & Oxygen Sensor

cygnusx1

What are the side effects of a slow reacting oxygen sensor? The exhaust shop accidently stripped the original 83ZX Turbo oxygen sensor :? so they put one off the floor in temporarily. They said it was not a great one and that it was slow reacting. Which oxygen sensor should I get to replace the original 83 Turbo one? I dont want to spend a fortune on one but I want it to run right.

Any suggestions? The car seems to run good but idles a little bumpy. Back to question one: What will a bad oxygen sensor do to the car? Run rich?

Thanks,

Dave C.

PS. I'm still working on a set of wiring plans for you'all planning to put a turbo motor into a fuel injected Z ( 75-78 )

Bad O2 sensor will cause the car to run rich, pretty much all the time, idle and cruise anyway, not sure about WOT. I don't know what a "slow" O2 sensor is, but the 280ZX unit is non-heated, so maybe that's what he meant. Anyway, any universal O2 sensor with one wire will work for the 280ZX.

Guest szlash280z

just unplug the crappy one and don't let the wire ground itself to anything. mine had a weird idle until I unplugged the old ass broken one that came with the engine. Now I don't have those funny idle problems. I am going to get a new O2 anyway.

Guest bastaad525

So the bosch units that auto zone sells will be fine? I was always under the impression that you had to buy the ones nissan sells themselves... $80 for the damn thing from them!!!

I went to Nissan just for kicks and they wanted $140.00 for the original :lol: . I went across the street (literally) and bought a Bosch one for $35.00. I put it in and the car exhaust smells much less, runs smoother and idles smoother. I had to make a lead extension for it though -no problem.