HybridZ

Odd spark problem

DatsunBoy77

Alright after some testing and eplacing some items i cant seem to get any spark. It is odd because i had spark before, but then every once in a while, nothing. Then when it went out i figured that damn ignitot chip. Nothing still. Checked everything and figured out there is no pwer coming out to the ignitor chip, my switch went bad. Replaced that and i have 12 volts on both sides of the coil. No spark still. Changed the coil after the last time i had problems with spark so i have a accel coil with like 5 miles on it i am hoping isnt already bad. But no power out of coil. Could it be a grounding problem? I have driven this car 70 miles since january and pay a lot for insurance so i am going to take it off the road soon. I just want to have it running before i take it off and switch to megasquirt.

the preivious owner set it u when his ignition lock cylinder broke. He set it up as push button. I have a new ignition key setup but now there is just a cut harness. i found a wire hanging that was always hanging and when i hook it up to power i can here something kick on in the engine bay. Once i get someone elsse here i will see what it is.

Ryan