HybridZ

Took my friend for a ride in the v8Z

JoeinCA

Heh... he finally understands what a white knuckle ride is!..

I thought i was going to have to replace my passenger seat, (and my buddy would have to replace his underwear!)

This thing is so much faster than anything i have ever driven or have ridden in. (sorry jumbo)

when i jumped on it, i thought he was going to put his feet through the windshield, absolutely hilarious. when he got out of the car, it looked like he had just walked off of a rollercoaster...

Something wierd happened though, at one point the passenger compartment filled with smoke, it was there for about 10 seconds and thne it dissipated.. methinks that my transmission leaks a wee bit and it sprayed fluid on the pipes. or it was the nasty oil leak i have at the front of my oil pan... man i am so tired of chsing down these little leaks and bugs... oh well... only 5 things left to do, I think....

I figure we could talk about how your friends reacted during thier first ride in your hybrid because the look on my buddy's face was priceless...from macho to scared kitten in 3 seconds flat...

Joe

Yeah its hillarious watching your buddies expressions when you really get into the gas when their not expecting it or when you can break the tires loose in the first 4 gears! :D:twisted:

Non of my friends can beleive how fast my car is! They all think its the fastest thing on 4 wheels. I know its not but to them it is. They go tell their friends(people that I dont know), how fast my car is and that I could beat anything that they have. I on the other hand try to stay pretty modest about my car because you never really know whats under the hood of the other guys car! I do know that my car will be most street cars just due to the "HP to Weight Ratio"! I still havent had the chance to race anything worth racing though. Every time I drive my car the only thing I see to race are Neons and Hondas and we all know that 99 out of 100 of those cars wont beat a V8 Z/ZX!

Guy

all right :-)

I'll be in Laramie Wyoming, attending Wyotech. we can find a drag strip to go to... or a runway, safety first...

I'm working some bugs out. my 2nd to third shift lags really bad.

My car is the best thing i have ever built, too much fun to even find words enough to suit.

Coolest thing is i no longer talk about how fast my car is going to be... because now it IS. The power is ADDICTIVE.

Joe

I hear a challenge :D I know the reaction very well. When I had my old V8 Z my friends would ride once and once only :lol: When I hit 2nd and they get pinned to the seat and start reaching for something to hold on to is too funny. I was one of the crazy guys that bought the first V8 Z I ever rode in :twisted:

Well John.. when it is finished.. let me know :-) if you want to cross 3 states...

BayareaZT..

MWAHAHAHAHA... he didnt even know what hit him...

He came by later with another friend, and he told him about how fast it was... I dont think i could even be that excited about it!

and then they began to bench race my car... my friend who got the ride (mike) was telling his friend (Joe) that my car would "whoop" on any car that he had ever ridden in. He also said that he wouldnt even attempt to race me in his camaro...

I think i may have earned some bragging rights... even if i'm not the one bragging! :-)

This is WAY too much fun.

Joe

Joe that is exactly what I am talking about...you dont even have to brag you can have your friends do it for you with out asking!! 8) :D

Last night I met up with an old high school class mate. He was talking about his vehicles and he said "yeah I bought a 93' Camaro Z28 with the 350 and the 6 speed tranny in it for $2000" I was like wow thats a great deal!" I told him that motor and tranny are worth that alone! Then he goes on to talk about how fast it is......"ya my Camaro will whoop up on anybody" thats when my buddy steps in a goes "woooo buddy, I dont think so! Guy here has a car that will whoop your ass hands down!!!" Then the other guy is like "oh really? well what do you have?" So I told him and hes like "nope I'll still beat you!" Thats when I stepped in....I was like "I have the same drivetrain as you except I have warmed my engine up to 400HP and not to mention my car weights a good 500lbs less than yours!" He kinda shut up right about then and stopped the smack talk'n! :D:D It was funny cause one minute hes bragging about how fast his car is and the next minute hes not talking about it anymore cause he know that if we ever meet on the street that I'll smoke his a$$ like no tommorow! LOL :twisted:

Guy