HybridZ

hey z-gad!

v8dats

As Scottie said...rained out at the track. I hope to get a chance to tune before Reynolds, but if I have to tune 7 hours away from home, I will :twisted:

First impressions...well, the T-66 is a large turbo to say the least. Performance at 10 psi, mildly tuned (thanks Scottie) compares to 15-16 psi w/ the hybrid turbo I ran previously (butt dyno of course). I have full boost by ~3500-3700 rpm's (thanks to James' recommendation of the .58 a/r turbine housing), pulls like mad and sounds very angry with the wastegate vented to atmosphere. It feels very impressive (even got Scottie's attention) and I can't imagine what it would feel like at 20+ psi.

Sidenote: Installing an EGT is highly recommended!! I installed an egt finally (as well as an electronic boost controller) and it really makes tuning easy. I wish I would have done it 2 years ago when I started this journey.

sounds cool!

have any pics of the wastegate?

hoping for mid-low eleven?

any fitment issues?

i would love to make a trip up to orlando to see your guys cars.i cant make it to reynolds.maybe in a month or so i can meet you guys at the track.

this time i WILL show

You are always welcome to catch up w/ us at the track!!

I am looking for my first 11 second pass before I start shooting for low-mid 11's :wink:

regarding fitment, The wastegate is very close to my brake portioning valve and the lines from my master cylinder. That was the only fitment issue I had, other than needing a couple of silicone hoses (90* 2.5" bend, and a 4"- 3" reducer since the turbo inlet is 4 inches!!. I had bought James' old T04 manifold and racegate when he went twin turbo and they have been on my garage floor for probably a couple of years. I finally got around to using them... I believe he ran an equivalent of a T-64 then, so it was pretty much done for me already 8)

I'll shoot some pics tomorrow (weather permitting) and send them to my profile.

mike