HybridZ

wheel studs..

Guest ON3GO

well i put my hub on my front wheel and it seems like i need longer wheel studs. i found that one thread about the Nissan Quest minivan wheel studs working and how there longer.

at $1.90 each its not bad, even though i need all of them replaced but i was wondering if i would need anything longer the the Quest ones.. i mean theres really no stock stud sticking out when the hub is on the wheel. maybe like less then a half an inch.

mike

i went to discount tire just before and got some wheel studs.. there alot longer the the stock ones and should work out good. they were 99 cents each so it wasnt bad at all.

some white greese and a few taps with the hammer and BAM perfect right in there.

:)

Which thread are we talking about. I have been looking for long studs that are a 12-1.25, but no one has them. I have the lug nuts (came with the wheels) but not the lugs. I heard you can get NISMO studs, but they are like $8/ stud! :shock: If I can't find the pitch I want I might have to go to 12-1.5 and new lug nuts. There goes another $100. :roll:

We're talking about the 12-1.25 thread (I believe)

Yeah, those Nismo studs are expensive!

I'm still wondering how strongthese studs are.

The Honda pitch of 12-1.50 are more popular. GM uses

this same pitch in some cars and can be bought from

Summit Racing for cheap, they're under the ARP brand from

what I remember.

Owen