HybridZ

Nissan 4x4 rear gears

Guest Drewz

I have found a set of 4.38's in a front 85 nissan 4x4 and was wondering if the gears from that R180 would fit in mine or just swap the whole thing in? YES, I DID THE SEARCH>>>>>func. Are they reversed pattern??? Looks to be the same from the veiws I have had of it. I can get it for cheap and need the gearing for the AUTOMAGIC trans. I am running. I am running, for those interested, a stock non turbo 240z with a L28 with factory automatic trans. No bottom end and too long a legs in the top end for the crappy roads here. I have a 3.54 in it now and need a good sized jump as well as I am running a taller than stock tire.....Any info men?????? :twisted::twisted::twisted:

There is another way to retain the axles, I've never seen it done in a Z, but I've seen it in Ford TTB front axles when installing aftermarket LSD's that don't have circlip grooves. You pull apart the slip yoke and put a spring in there, so that it is always pushing the 2 halves of the axles apart. There is still some room for compression, but the stub axles won't work themselves out.

Works for F150's that are rockcrawling, should work for Z's. The trick would be finding a spring that is the right diameter.

Jon