HybridZ

(JAPAN) Can Somebody run this combo for HP

Hey guys, can someone run this combo for HP. I am in Jpan and almost ready to finish the engine for the 240. I need some help if possible. Here is the combos I am looking at.

SBC 350 .040 over

KB Flat Tops 5.7 stroke

AFR 190 Heads

AFR dual plane intake

Holley 750

Block Huggers 2 1/2 duals Flow Master Delta Force

Cam is Comp Cams 12-432-8 Hyd Roller

ALSO, please check this combo, it may be better...

SBC 350 .040 over

KB Flat Tops 5.7 stroke

AFR 195 Heads

AFR dual plane intake

Holley 750

Cam is Comp Cams 12-432-8 Hyd Roller

SBC 350 .040 over

KB Flat Tops 5.7 stroke

AFR 195 Heads

AFR dual plane intake

Holley 750

Cam is Comp Cams 12-433-8 Hyd Roller

If grumpy is out there, do you have any suggetsions? I wonder if going to a single plane intake would be advantageous?

190cc=447hp-442tq

this is a good street strip combo

195cc=445hp-438tq

the 195cc heads work better with a single plane intake

195cc with super victor single plane intake

469hp/432tq (much better combo)

suggestion

195cc heads

super victor intake

full length 1 3/4" headers

comp cams 12-433-8 solid roller

750 carb

3" exhaust to an (X) then 2.5" the rest of the way

487hp/467tq (not as streetable but one kick butt engine if you can live with it, as its not really a street combo but could be street driven)

yes the rods should work but they will be very close to their strength limits if your running the crap out of the engine most of the time, also keep in mind that a software/dyno estimate is not fact written in stone but it does show trends clearly. I would definetly use a super victor intake as it will kill some low rpm torque you don,t need and give you better high rpm hp which you can use! btw thats flywheel hp not rear wheel hp but you should very easily embarrass 99% of the other cars on the road

Thanks Grumpy, do I need to get the high Rev kit for valve float? Pros/Cons. Also, I am gonna run a 700R4 so can I use a Holley 750 with Mech secondaries without bogging on the line? Lastly, will a 2800 stall be too much for the 12-433-8 combo? Man your a life saver.

Terry

If you use the recommended valve springs that come with the cam a rev kit while a good idea is not 100% necessary in fact I think Id pass on it unless this car is going to spend most of its time racing, reve kits only normally help over 6500rpm and you really should shift before then to keep in the mid torque curve area, yes you might be slightly faster with it but you should have way more power than you can use anyway(and if you don,t a 250hp nitrous plate system will get you there still without going over 6500rpm) the 2800rpm stall will work very well with that cam. if you learn to tune that mech secondary carb correctly youll have ZERO problems with it, no sence swapping it out if thats what you have, vacume secondaries are just a easier to tune option not a big plus hp wise.

BTW your one lucky guy, nice car and a cute wife, now if you can just get rich..... best of luck guy!!

Thanks Grumpy...your the best. Ill have more pics up soon. The car just went to body and paint. Ill go with the AFR 195s, 12-433-8 Comp Cam and Super Victor Intake with the 750 0-4779 Holley. It should be fun but I don't want it to break......

Talk to ya later!!!

Thanks again

Terry