HybridZ

did a search, need some help about jackstands...

Guest ON3GO

guys im jacking the rear of the car up now..

i didnt want to start another fight with my dad so ill ask you guys about this.. i did a search with no help.

where do i put the jack stands on the rear of the car so i can take about the rear suspension and etc?

i was told i can also jack the car up from the rear diff which i did, but my dad said "what about those stack of metal plates back there"

so im asking that too, is that ok to jack from? which place is better?

any ideas?

thanks.

mike

Ive always jacked up the rear using the diff, UNTIL i installed my coil overs, now its a pain to get a jack that far under there. What I do is use two stock scissor jacks on both sides...then alternate until i can get the jack under the diff. IMHO, I wouldnt jack it up from the diff supports. they are not meant to support the weight of the car.

my .02$

Sparky,

If you can, just drive the car up onto a couple of 2X4's under each wheel. I have the same problem with my car being so low with the coilovers. But, after driving onto the 2X4's, you have the Z an aditional 1.5"'s higher and can get a normal 3 ton jack under the diff. to jack it up.

Mike,

Remember to chock (put something in front and behind, like a 2X4 or a wedge of some kind) the front wheels after you jack the Z up and set it on jack stands.

!M!

lol,

thanks guys, i would LOVE to be able to drive my car on some 2x4s, hell, Id be happy if i could drive my car anywhere......considering it doesnt run :)

ha!

Oh what it must be like to have a running and driving Zcar.

the stuff that dreams are made of.

.., Remember to chock (put something in front and behind, like a 2X4 or a wedge of some kind) the front wheels after you jack the Z up and set it on jack stands.

If I know I am going to be under the Z for awhile then I go ahead and jack all four up: get the car off the ground so as to remove the possibility of the car rolling forward or backwards.

BTW: once I have it up on jack stands-I will also use two scissor jacks to balance the car, just for a little peace of mind.

It may be a little more time involved-but an ounce of prevention....

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

There are 2 jacking points just ahead of the rear tires to place the stands on. The front i put right behind the tire where the frame levels off. I jack on the rear diff. and the front crossmember. If your car rolls just cut the leading edge of the 2x4's off on a 30 or 45degree angle and roll it over them.