HybridZ

launching at ~3500 rpm, oh my

mobythevan

I was taking my brother for another ride this weekend and decided to try launching at ~3500rpm. Man did we come out of the hole, I wasn't expecting the hit so fast, took my stomach the first time. He was quite impressed, the rest of the time we have just been hitting it from a rolling start and waiting for the turbo to spool.

This weekend my uncle is coming by to checkout the car. He has a 2002 SS camaro, I wonder if he'll bring it :?: I am practicing my launching just in case. The last time he saw the car it had an L26 in it that wouldn't start. He is going to have a hard time believing that it is only a 2.8 liter engine in the z car.

Guest bastaad525

interesting.. whenever I used dump the clutch even at 3500 it just bogs. I get my best launches by slipping the clutch, keeping the revs at about 2500 as I let out slowly and you can feel when the turbo comes on (it don't take long) then it just goes and would usually leave a nice patch of rubber behind me :)