HybridZ

240zt jerking ,hesitation help- update

DAT240Z

I replaced the fuel pump, EUC, disturbater and the car still jerk hesitate. today on my way to work it would run find under 55mph. when i get on the gas it started to jerk, when i exited the highway the car cut off i had to down shift and got off the clutch and it started again but it would jurk and hesitate when i try to give it gas. at one point i was on the gas but could tell the car was not acclerating. I'm stumped as to what my probllem could be. I was thinking of replacing the TPS, not sure but just running out of ideas.

My crankshaft pulley fell out a few weeks ago, i remember about two day befor the pulley fell off the car started jerking, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but, what i wounder is if the bolt was loose those two day when the problem started and if my timming may have jumped. The car ran great before the pulley fell off.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I wouldnt think that it would be the TPS because I would think a TPS problem would affect anything over a certain RPM range (throttle position), not a certain speed (i.e. you would encounter problems any time the TPS moved into a certain range during acceleration). I would also think that a timing problem would follow the same pattern.

Have you checked the timing?

Do you have any trouble during quick acceleration or only at speed?

Have you checked your spark plugs?[/i]

Hi NIC

I have not check my timming,or my plugs as of yet i would check the plugs today before i leave for work,

During quick accelerations i dont notice the car jerking, it does it mostly at speed, when i drive in town the car does not jerk. Yesterday was the frist time it did a lot of jerking all though the driving range and the was after i got off the highway, where it did a lot of jering while i was driving. Last night when i left work the car ran great at low speeds 50 or below when i would try to acelerate from about 55mhp the car jerked alot when i back off the gas ti settled down and run fine.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

You keep describing this as more of a jerk than a stumble or engine problem. Are you sure that this trouble is from your engine? A shaking or jerking at or above a certain speed is normally a tire coming apart or wheel out of balance.

I had a similar problem w/ my daily driver a couple of years ago. It reminded me about it since it started when the crankshaft pulley came loose and it only happened under load. If you put the same pulley back on, check to see whether it is loose again. You might want to try taking it off and checking the keyway, the pulley and the keyway hole in the crank for wear. My keyway and pulley were toast!!

Also, another place to check may be your fuel filter...