HybridZ

v8z with straight side pipes

Guest Psilocybian

Guest Psilocybian

sbc..

no air care in victoria where im moving

other than getting a little exhaust on my car, would there be a benefit to having a straight pipe going to just the rear, or would the side pipes be equally as good or better?

If you look at the third pic in my personal album, It will give you the basic idea behind my pipes. That little piece of pipe sitting on the arm of the lift is one of my baffles. :D

If a couple of the guys here that have seen them will chime in, they will confirm that they are absurdly small.

If they are too loud I may switch them out for the ones offered by Summit.

I will try to get some better pics soon of my sidepipes and headers installed. I`m actually really proud of the design and fabrication work invold and have been wanting to show them off.

I was just hoping to have the car running first. :wink:

I think the best way to describe my setup is 1 3/4" Primaries with 80"long 3 1/2" collectors. :D

All of my pipe is mandrel bent and runs through the fenderwells to keep as much heat away from the oil and transmission pans, as well as get the hot exhaust system out of the engine compartment as quickly as possible.