HybridZ

LT1 oil pan, Corvette or the rest?

Guest DaMeat

Finally got Zyas 1970 240Z, and I am in the process of putting the LT1 into it... but the oil pan on the motor I bought is a little smashed. I read in the JTR book that the oilpans for the TPI motors was different between the Corvette's and the Camaros... is this true with the LT1 motors as well?

Would it be a good idea to get a Corvette pan (A little more clearance?) and a new pickup (Do I need antything else?) or stick with the stock Caprice oilpan like the motor already has? I tried the search but came up empty on this one.

Thanks guys, and I am reading the hellz out of this site, there is so much good info.

• 3 years later...

Yeah I know this post is wicked old, but does anybody know if the Corvette LT4 oil pan will fit the JTR mounts? I am pulling my LT1 motor now and the bottom of the pan is pretty dented, I want to get a new pan and was wondering if there was any advantage to using the Corvette oil pan instead of ordering a Camaro oil pan. Or if there is a difference?

Greg

on the corvette oil pan the sump is longer and not a deep as a camaro pan

since the frame rail crosses in the front below the balancer i see no reason why it wouldnt fit

when i finish my motor i poan on a corvette pan, for the better ground clearance and extra quart of oil.

i dont remeber about the pick up tube and i dont have my gmpp book right now

buy your pick up tube when you buy your pan , to be sure you get the right tube, esp if you buying a bolt on tube, the stock press on has a bit of adjustment

if all else measure pan clearance using modeling clay should be 1/4 from the bottom

corvette

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/performance_parts/store/catalog/Product.jhtmlPRODID=974&CATID=968.html

camaro

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/performance_parts/store/catalog/Product.jhtmlPRODID=969&CATID=968.html