HybridZ

500 Hp 406 sbc vs 700r4..........

z ya

Anyone have any experience with a 700r4 put behind something with 500hp and 500tq?? I am currently building a stout little 406 that should put these numbers down. The motor will be going into a 69 Camaro. I currently have a TPI 700 and just dont have a good feeling that this tranny will live behind this kind of torque. I plan to go to the strip maybe once per month and will be on ET street tires. Or should sell the 700r4 and build the Th350 stout and cheap. I know lots of guys running tons of power behind the 350 but not the 700.

You should be able to do a HP rebuild of the 700R4 that will handle that torque. If you plan to go 3 speed, then get a TH400. they are much stronger than the TH350. If you are still wanting a 4 speed and are worried about the power potential, get a 4L80E (4 speed version of the TH400). BowtieOverdrives has a stand alone computer and TV cable to use the 4L80E with a non-computer controlled engine.

TIm

Guest Anonymous

my dad/mechanic said that u would probably be better off going witha 400 turbo. he said that he would not trust the 700r4 with all of the upgrades in a car with that much horsepower and torque