HybridZ

Hey LEN, walbroGSL 392 question

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

I did a search and turned up a lot of people using the walbro255 GSL 392 pump. Does the 255 mean that it supports up to 255HP? My 78's NA pump is dying and I want a new pump, $300 clams for a stocker isn't what I want.

I read that you got the above walbro pump for $135 from importpower online. it included an install kit, is the install kit needed? Was import power fast with the shipping? and how do you like the pump?

255 is the flow rating, and I believe it will only flow 255 liters/hour at 25-30 psi. At L28ET boost levels (50-60 psi fuel pressure), the pump is only good for 160-200 liters/hour. That's still enough for 400-450 hp. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU GET THE HIGH PRESSURE VERSION OF THE 255! The regular pump poops out bad at 50-60 psi fuel pressure.

Guest jt240z

The Walbro 392 is the high pressure version of the 255 L/Hr pump. Make sure you order the proper fittings with the pump. The pumps come with 10mm straight thread openings. You need a 12mm OD barb for the inlet and I'm using the 12mm banjo fitting on my outlet, but that's a bit strange. The outlet may be different for your application.

Guest jt240z

No... The inlet and outlet thread pattern is 10mm straight on the Walbro GSL-392. You should be able to order the fittings from the company that you're buying the pump from. If not, you can get the pump and fittings at:

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/ext_pump.html

They have the fittings you need, but you can get a better price on the pump at:

http://www.importpoweronline.com/walbrocontent.html

They had them in stock and were quick to deliver.

Guest szlash280z

cool, thanks for the help guys. I just ordered my pump.

man it sucks trying to drive a turbo car when your pump wont keep up. My pressure goes up very slowly when I stomp on the gas, so I have to wait for both the turbo to spool up and the fuel pump to "spool up" double lag! ugh!

Guest bastaad525

ah kewl bookmarking this topic... I was looking into the bosch pump (the one used on the turbo porsche's) but man it's pricey... $140 for a good hipo pump is much better :) good to know there is an alternative