HybridZ

next mod for a 240turbo?

Guest Chris240turbo

Guest Chris240turbo

Without being too longwinded, what should my next mod be for my 73? the car made 287whp and 318wtq @ 16 psi through an OLD gn/T-3 hybrid, Haltech E6k, 550cc injectors, schneider cam, 3" exhaust (with scotty DP 8) and an admittedly crappy starion I/C, (boost measured at the plenum, I don't even want to know what the pressure drop is :oops: ) before you yell 'upgrade your intercooler!!!' other than the drive train (forged internals, ACT clutch, and a newly purchased R200 lsd) the rest of the car is stock, as in stock brakes, stock suspension, stock guages, other than autometer boost and EGT.

I have $1000 ready for the next round, honestly now, should I concentrate on a new I/C, with a headstart on a new turbo, maybe GT series BB? or maybe grow up a little and do the brakes and maybe a headstart on suspension? I live in a big Metro area, I think I may answer my own question when I say, more power without the means to stop and/or control it, might be wasted effort, but 350hp on the dyno is awfully tempting!

So, VOTE!!! more power (I/C and maybe turbo) or brakes, and maybe coil overs???

i personally would go with the brakes and suspension upgrade. i still have the stock motor in my car, but after the brakes/suspension upgrade....it was like it was revived. handles like no other and stops on a dime. remember that straight line acceleration isnt everything (at least to me it isnt, id rather autocross anyday). Of course I spent closer to 2 grand on upgrading both :(

A strong vote for brakes and suspension. I have always upgraded my suspension first and foremost. Almost all, if not all great sport cars in history had great suspensions, not all had high power (including many Ferrari and Porsches). Between brakes and power in your case power is huge and brakes are stock = poor combo.

You can even do toyota 4 pods, rear disc conversion of choice (280zx,240sx..), SS lines.. eibach and tokico's for under 1000. Then, as the next step get a NPR or supra twin turbo intercooler which is very efficient and cheap since many of the supra people upgrade to greddy..., (but does not look as nice) or whatever one you like. that's my 2 cents

Guest bastaad525

I second Afshin... you got plenty of power, now you need the means to control it and the car. And as he said you can definately do a good basic suspension setup (I went with Eibach prokit springs and Tokico shocks, nothing adjustable or fancy, but still very capable) and the brakes for less than $1000 IF you are doing you're own labor. With those upgrades you wont believe the difference it wont be the same car... and you will have a sudden urge to go find some mountain roads to play on :)