HybridZ

Limited slip is in

jkube

I managed to finish install of the R200 3.54 diff with the Retrofit Limited slip kit and the modified R180 mustache bar.

After an easy trip around the block to make sure none of the bolts were loose. I dumped the clutch at 4000 rpm to see if I could break the mustache bar ( I have NA L28 with Racer Brown 325 cam and headers..I know...not really a ton-o-power!!) So far after several starts like that the bar is still in place and there are no clunks or signs of failure.

I did have some fun attempting some drifts in the nearby parking lot!! Now I just need some more power :P

• 2 months later...

Iv'e installed the Retrofit Limited slip kit into both my car and my uncle's 240z.

Both differentials have settled in now. On my car the setup "loosened off" a bit because the diff gears are very worn. It still locks both rear wheels but the breakout force (car up on jackstands) is less.

Actually this is a better setup for wet road conditions because there is less understeer going into a corner. During the winter I'll add some shims to adjust the breakout force a little higher.

My uncles diff has stayed with a higher breakout force because his diff was in better condition to begin with. He's thrashed his more than I have and its still going well, with no problems.

I believe you should be able to use this on your V8 project. This part doesnt appear to be the weak link in the drivetrain system. But you can ask Retrofit yourself about this.

Retrofit Limited Slip

PMB 158, 236 S. 3rd St.

Montrose, CO 81401

email: limitedslip@hotmail.com

album_pic.php?pic_id=2652