HybridZ

Found 84 Grand National w/ complete running gear!!!!

Guest thtdmbd8

Guest thtdmbd8

I found an 84 Grand National that is wrecked but it has the complete running gear. I can get it for a very good price. But I was wondering how well the early GN performed compared to the later GN. This one has the turbo above the intake and the throttle body in the back of the intake. Will this fit under a stock z hood? Or maybe a small cowl hood like Scotties. Or would it be better, if possible, to change it to a later style. Thankz in advance. :twisted:

Guest 240Zduz10s

that motor is not the best.. i would hold out for the later ones.. 87 is about right.. that motor is a hot air and not even the same animal as scotties

Guest thtdmbd8

I have done a little more research and I believe that I am going ahead with the transformation. I will make it an 86/87 intercooled type though. I am in no real big hurry, so I can stretch my expenses out over time. When I say this car is really cheap, I mean REALLY cheap. As in making horsepower, I have read that they will handle about anything you can throw at them. By the way Scottie, where did you get your fender flares?

Thankz in advance.