HybridZ

bolts stuck

cameraobsess

hey i have a little problem.... i just got my 81 280zx running. it had been sitting for close to ten years, and i dont know much about how the earlyer owner treated it. i went to check the differential oil and both plugs are compleatly stuck. i used a breaker bar with a pipe attached and i still couldnt get it. i then tried to take the hole thing out of the car and all the nuts on the drive lines are stuck as well. what can i do?????? i have no clue what the oil is like in there and im woried if i keep driving it im going to damage it. i dont have another car to drive so im kinda stuck with it. any ideas would be a really big help!!!

JB blaster... i think thats what its called... just spray it on, come back in like 12 hours to a day and it should be "takable" off.

it worked for me.. some i couldnt take off, and took me a few days!

mike

I've found that this trick will work 100% of the time, at least it has for me.

Heat up the female side of the threads (the diff casing in this example). Get it nice and warm. A heat gun for soldering from Home Depot will do the trick (use MAPP gas instead of propane, it burns hotter). Then, with wrench/ratchet ready, hit the bolt with a can of compressed air (holding upside down to get the liquid CO2 to come out). Then turn it loose.

Tim