HybridZ

hehehehehe track results

scottyMIz

That would be impressive Joe, 12 second quarter pulling your Z through the trap with the SHO! ha. Tomorrow night (Mon) i'll be replacing the two leaky injectors but it looks for the most part, i'll be pretty free for the rest of the week if you need a hand. Len - i'll look into the orange interior before the track.. maybe i'll pick up a few tenths :) Scotty - Even with the 2 leaky 370's, she seemed to pull much stronger from mid to WOT. We'll hopefully see this coming weekend.

Doing fine Scott. Replaced rug in our house with Armstrong make believe wood floor.

Just returned from Northern California where I spent 2 1/2 weeks installing a few doors and hauling 6 p/u loads of garbage from my mother's house. Oh yes I saw the ocean thru the front window of her house but that was as far as I got to it. I am trying to convince my mother to move to Oklahoma near family. Not making much headway!

In other words haven't done as much as wanted on my Z.

On the way back from CA. picked up a R&T Mag. read a writeup on a "Lotus Elise" coming to america.Stock it uses a Toyota VVTL-i 180bhp (variable -valve timing and lift engine found in a Celica GT-S and will do the 1/4 mile in about 12 sec. top speed of 141 mph). So lets dream a bit. Oh yea Price tag of $40,000 but dam if I had the money.... if I have the money......I guess..... I wouldn't be working on Z's .....Huh!

She's running fine :D no problems. Do need to change out a few hydralic lifters. Then hopefully when I get a chance I would like to put her on a dyno to fine tune her.

Love your picture by the way. Looks like your car is smiling with that I/C showing!

Guest scottjuly79

Any secrets on how you tuned your AFM to work with the 370cc injectors??? I have tightened up my AFM a little bit, and actually had to drop my static fuel pressure to 33PSI. so it wouldn't run pig rich at WOT.

My car now pulls great under WOT. but at anything less than full throttle it kicks and bucks quite violently as I transition from vaccum to boost.

Any stock ECU tuning info would be greatly appreciated!

hey scott i have 420cc injs and i have mine tightend about as far as it will go but i ahve to warn everyone running the spring this tight you will have to renforce the tab that holds the spring down cuz it's only plastic.As for your situation adjust it more and put your fuel pressure back to where it was everyone ssays that the afm doesn't do anything under wot but i have found out from my tuning that it does make a difference.If i had it to lean or toi rich you could tell now if it was the transition that made all the smoke or lack of i don't know for sure.But i do know if it's too lean it won't rev up right and it'll buck also if it's to rich it'll do the same won't rev right it takes time to do but is well worth it.

sounds like you need more air. Didn't notice on your signature. Did you install a 60mm TB (240sx or such)? Possibly retard your timing a bit? Other than that all you got is your Boost (increasing your boost can also add more air), AFPR (be carful not to lower it to much you still need bunches of gas at WOT), and AFM to play with (try it different settings; tighten that spring).