HybridZ

How much $$ have you put into your Z?

Guest Jae

stopped counting after 20k sure its closer to 30 by now..

and going to be prolly close to double that when I'm done (But who's ever done :-D )

The things I'm putting in it now like the engine $15k, FMIC $1500, Porsche Brakes $2500-3k, Chromolly tube frame ?, etc etc

Damn those numbers are scarring me again LOL..

Guest bastaad525

$15,000 and counting....

But only because I keep taking the wrong path.

Started with an '80 N/A ZX, which I used to think was fast... wanted it to be faster, so I built a decent N42 head... found out during the head swap that the block was shot, so built 2.9L block. Also did suspension build ups and yadda yadda... Wanted to be even faster, so I found and bought a '72 240Z shell and put my drivetrain in it, along with a rebuilt set of SU's and a cam, and again, suspension and other mods to aid in getting the car going faster and handling better. Still wasn't fast enough, so I found a 280ZXT donor car and got that drivetrain swapped into the 240... been almost nothing but problems since, and the car has been for the most part undriveable. This is the first straight week I've had the car on the road with no apparent problems....

If I had just decided to cut to the chase and go turbo right off the bat, I'd probably have spent more like $5,000-6000, maybe a little more. But... I also have a long ways to go yet... need to install my I/C, need better fuel management, need a better exhaust system, more suspension upgrades, better tires, needs paint, needs interior bits and pieces... yikes....

oh god just kill me now.....

i should have just done the RB swap.. i would have your car and more... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. god damn me to hell...

mike