HybridZ

Ball Joints?

Guest yTTyTee

Guest yTTyTee

I need to install new ball joints on my 76 280z becuase the current ones are rotted away and clogged with dried up grease. I went to Schucks and they said 400 bucks :( so that is out. I bought a couple of ebay for 70 bucks, however before I go and try to figure out how to install them from my diagrams and just looking at it, I figured I would try and pick someones brain that may have already done this. Is this an easy process? Will have I have to dissasemble a lot of the front suspension to do this, or just the rocker arm, or just the ball joint itself(please say yes to this ) :wink: ). The greatest thing in the world would be if someone could write up a step by step process, but if not, just give me some pointers. Thanks :)

$400??!! for ball joints. :shock: I think the counterman must have been smoking joints!

I just priced them last week. Napa (Moog brand) for $50 each. Schucks quoted me just under $30 each for cheap off-brands...

I saw the one's on EBay for ~$70. I'm probably going to go for the Napa ones.

I think he meant les schwab, not shucks.

Hey Tim, i went to and talked to doug today, he said its really easy, you just need a pickle fork, ive got one; and you dont need to remove the strut or anything, just the steering arm. Either you can borrow it, or you can come over to do the work at my house again.