HybridZ

Big wheels and Big Flares...

majik16106

Hey all, I am going to run a 17x11 rear wheel, 4 inches of backspacing. I was thinking I could could buy some Zg flares, and have them extended, but i was told it might not work too well because of the angle Zg flares are made at, and that to really make that work, i would have to basically build the flare from scratch, and that a better idea would be to use the IMSA flares and modify those because they stick straight out anyway. So, i began to wonder if I should just use the yz rear flares from reactionresearch? Although i know my wheels will fit, i think it would look silly, usually anything less than 18s on the yz looks kind of silly, i think because the yz blisters the entire fender and makes the whole back end look Much bigger. I want to able to lower the car a good bit, and I was hoping maybe some thoughts could be bounced around, plus it might help others in the future. Darius' car runs 17s that look alot like mine and his car looks alright with the flares, although in the picture its slammed. I just hate to spend 650 on those yz's, i like the IMSA style flares and they are considerably cheaper...

Guest storm280z

i was planning on getting some 17x11 ccws. an i got some isma flares from motorsport auto an molded them on an there huge front an back. an i think i spent like 200- 250 on them