HybridZ

Is there a supercharger that will fit???

What are your plans for using this car with this configuration? The reason I ask is because we've had this debate over on Corvetteforum. Most guys who've been using superchargers in general are having good success with them on LS1s (I know you guys are talking about the traditional SBC, But keep reading) in street applications and at the drag strip. However, Everyone who has tried to use them at road course events has dealt with two major issues... Belt throws are common and HEAT is even more of a problem. My guess is this would be an issue in general with any supercharger configuration.

I did a bit of research two years ago on Supercharging the traditional SBC. I'd look for a four bolt block, or use splayed caps with a two bolt block. I'd also stud the block at the crank and heads and I'd also O-ring it. I'd absolutely use forged rods and pistons. You'd also want to PIN the harmonic balancer at the crank. Can you slap a S/C on a regular stock bottom SBC? Sure. However, how long will it last? If you have your motor appart, or haven't installed one yet, I'd build something fortified to handle the boost.

Will it fit? I think it will. It will be a tight fit, but my guess is you'll have to really do some customizing. I'd personally not go the carbed S/C route. Get an FI ported intake and do TPIS setup with a TB. You'll need a standalone FI computer, but tuning it will be much better in the long run. :2thumbs:

Also, I'd not buy anything BUT a procharger right now. Their warranty is top shelf, and their kits and well made and solid. I've also been told that their tech support is awesome. :2thumbs:

Mike

not sure which part of my post you were replying to.

im going to go ahead and assume that you're giving an example of a z that runs 6's in the 1/8th

and that you're not trying to say that z in the link runs 6's in the quarter.

:mrgreen:

not sure which part of my post you were replying to.

im going to go ahead and assume that you're giving an example of a z that runs 6's in the 1/8th

and that you're not trying to say that z in the link runs 6's in the quarter.

:mrgreen:

That would be 6's in the 1/8th! Hell my Zcar weighs 2820 with me in it and does 6.90's in the 1/8th with only 365 rwhp. 450 rwhp set up right will go deep into the 6's.

Mike