HybridZ

LT1 Z minus 280 and counting.

After months of planing and parts procurement, the anticipation is killing me. All you guys here at HybridZ who fired it up after getting it in know what I mean. The 94' Corvette LT1/ZF6 speed sits in my garage staring at the 75'280Z it's about to posses. To the many who have been here before me, I can't thank you enough. This website has been an invaluable resource. I will have lots of pics to post every step of the way. Again as we say where I'm from in Hawaii, Mahalo (Thanks). Dave in Oceanside.

Welcome to Hybrid Dave from O.

Are you really going to try and wedge that ZF in there? Sell it to a Vette guy for big bucks and pick up a T56. Much less hassle. You will probably make money on the deal.

Are you going to go the smog legal route, or wait two years 'till the car is age exempt? If you go the legal path I know a Dave in H.B. that has been there and can guild you.

Good luck, and by all means get to Tims BBQ.

Dan

Dan, Thanks for the second opinion on that ZF6 speed. Tim suggested the same thing. I'm on the fence here. I know I will need to widen the tunnel a bit, just not exact on the extent. If the mod looks to be too extensive then I'll $ell it off, and aquire a T56. Should you or any one else out there know folks on either end of such a deal, please point me twords or put me in touch with them. I'd be more than happy to comp $ome one for being the mid guy. As far as the legality of the swap, The main concern is for insurance legitimacy. If the DMV knows me as a straight 6cyl, when I actually have a V8 cramed in there. Will my insurance and registration be bogus in the eyes of say a CHP? I will become exempt as for the emissions aspect on 01/01/04. However, won't I need all that smog stuff on it to recieve the new hull # from Sacremento? Thanks for any input. dave in O-side.