HybridZ

Will the Griffin 22"x19" be enough for my Z?? (nee

utvolman99

I have a chance to buy a used 22x19" Griffin cheap. I was planning on buying a 24x19 but I can get this one for 1/4th the price. Will the two inches make that big of a difference? I will be using the Taurus SHO fan (I think it is the same three prong fan everyone else is using).

Thanks for your help

Yes the 22" x 19" Griffin will work. I have one in my 240Z and the sbc 350 runs at 180 degrees on all but the hottest days. No boil overs in 14 months of operation. There is a gap on each side of the radiator. I bought the 22" beacause I mis-measured the distance between the frame rails (it was dark). The Griffin will need to be rubber mounted top and bottom. I am also using a Black Magic electric fan that works well, but does draw a lot of amps making starting a bit slow when the starter gets heat soaked. This weekend I am installing a gear reduction starter and a high amp battery to help with the starter heat soak problem.

Miles

Yes the 22" x 19" Griffin will work. I have one in my 240Z and the sbc 350 runs at 180 degrees on all but the hottest days. No boil overs in 14 months of operation. There is a gap on each side of the radiator. I bought the 22" beacause I mis-measured the distance between the frame rails (it was dark). The Griffin will need to be rubber mounted top and bottom. I am also using a Black Magic electric fan that works well' date=' but does draw a lot of amps making starting a bit slow when the starter gets heat soaked. This weekend I am installing a gear reduction starter and a high amp battery to help with the starter heat soak problem.

Miles[/quote']

Sounds good, where are you located. Im in Tennessee and it gets kinda hot in the summer.