HybridZ

How stupid would this be?

I have a few rocker nuts that keep coming loose (intakes 5,6,and 7) so I'm wondering if it would hurt my engine to put lock nuts on the rocker studs to keep this from happening. I just have a gut feeling that this wouldn't be good for the engine. By the way, it's a 350 with holley systemax II heads.

While I'm posting, I might as well make it worth while --

I'm replacing my radiator -- I'm probably going to get the Griffin aluminum radiator, but I was also looking at the GM aluminum radiator -- is there major difference between cooling performance between these two?

Also, I'm thinking about switching to roller lifters, cam, and rockers, so what would be the best combination (ratios, sizes, etc.) of rollers to buy with a stock 350 block, holley systemax II heads, victor jr intake, edelbrock 650 (which will probably be going to fuel injection in the near future), and MSD ignition. Thanks for any help in advance.

Are you talking about the nylon inserted lock nuts? Don't think the nylon will survive too well at the temperatures under your rocker covers - then you'll have lttle nylon bits floating around your oil system If you're thinking about the all steel variety then those might work. I'd do some serious asking around before I did it though.

I have a Big block 427 in my Chevelle, its best to get new rocker arm studs(screw in type), and use poly locks(lock nuts designed for rocker arms)

I have problems with my rocker nuts coming loose too since I use a soild lift cam

Goodluck

So you're saying that even with your poly-lock nuts, you still have problems with them coming loose, or is that before you put the poly-locks on there? I too am running a solid cam -- would this problem be solved if I switch over to a hydraulic? Thank you all for the help -- I live in a small town so the only auto store within 35 miles from here is NAPA, and when I told him that I was looking for locking nuts for the rocker studs, he told me that all rocker nuts are lock nuts -- I don't think he understood what I was trying to tell him. This weekend I'll be making a road trip so I'm sure I could find a few there.

Thanks again