HybridZ

hybrid turbos

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

since majestic jacked up my rebuild on my stock turbo, I can probably get them to just add the extra couple bucks to the amount that I paid already and get them to hybridize the hell out of it. they said what they do is machine out the stock compressor housing to accept the larger wheels, sounds kinda funky to me. is that recommended at all? I'd like a hybrid, but not one like that if it wouldn't be as efficient.

anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Sounds more lke they're going to make it a super 60 or super 70 rather than a hybrid. Bot are upgrades from stock and theres nothing wrong w/them. They're definetly no hybrid tho. If you're going to do it, get a whole new compressor housing and wheel. You'll be much happier w/ the performance potential.

James Roraback

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I have looked into upgraded compressor wheels in a stock T3 compressor housing with a T3 wheel from a Grand National, forget about it. Go with a small TO4B upgrade.

I have looked into upgraded compressor wheels in a stock T3 compressor housing with a T3 wheel from a Grand National, forget about it. Go with a small TO4B upgrade.

I have to agree with this. I am using a small hybrid turbo, stock turbine, TO4B with a Vtrim compressor. It bolts on, no spacer, only slight modifications to the intake pipe to fit stock stuff. And with the right bolts ons, I run pretty well.

Guest szlash280z

I was only looking into that because my compressor has broken blades and needs to be replaced anyway. I will just wait a year or so before I do the hybrid. ya know, when I can afford it.