HybridZ

End of an era!

Tim240z

I have just finished with the color sanding, buffing and hand rubbing the Z. It has taken me:

2 days of wet sanding (1000grit, then 1500 grit)

1 day of machine buffing with two pads and two compounds

1/2 day of hand rubbing with finishing compound.

I have finally come to the end of the bodywork era of my project....the end of 2 years of bodywork...welding, grinding stripping, filling, sanding, sanding, sanding, primering, sanding, filling, sanding, sanding and more sanding!!

I can finally say goodbye to my body supplies as I pack them away!! :-D:-D:-D 8) 8) 8)

The car has come out more stunning than even I could have hoped, especially considering this is my firsy bodywork project.

I will post some pics as soon as we see the sun again, as soon as ash and crap stops falling from the atmosphere....damn inconsiderate wild fires!! :twisted::?

Tim

I can beat that. I've had mine a year so far and all I did was some minor repairs, a tuneup, steering wheel and the heater. Oh- rubbed the paint out.

I'm trying to get a body shop to do the power steering swap, but the guy seemsto be procrastinating, asking me for exact pictures of everything, even thought I tell him only 1 or 2 other guys have dome it so far!

The problem for me is that I don't have a place to work, so I have to ferry the thing to different places to get different things done. It does let me pay off the bills at the same time, tho.

:D