HybridZ

Fiber Glass Fenders

Guest matt24680Z

Guest matt24680Z

I have some fenders of a 240 that are fiberglass. At the bottom of both they have notches cut in them. All i want to know is if that is standard or if it is something that somebody did?

Guest Fontouk

Those are the "speed holes" installed by the previous owner..

Homer: [suspicious] Hey, what are all these holes?

Salesman: [quickly] These are speed holes. They make the car go faster.

I just checked my fiber glass fenders and there is no notches cut in them... well except for the wheel openings :D FYI' date=' mine are made by [b']Perfect Plastics Inc.[/b].

Maybe the previous owner cut notches out to run side pipes?

!M!

How would one go about contacting or viewing the website for "Perfect Plastics Inc"? I looked on the web and didnt find anything solid, and cant find a link otherwise. Or any other company selling f/g body panels except showcar.

Thanks!

-scott

I have no idea... I just searched the web myself and i can't find a thing. I got my fenders off of a member here and I don't know where he got them from. All I know is a little label inside the fenders say Perfect Plastics Inc. :?

EDIT: I forgot about John Washington, although he doesn't offer stock type fenders. BUT, you will like what he offers :wink: Here is the site:

http://www.reactionresearch.com/automotive.html

!M!

• 2 weeks later...

hmm.....

I have some glass fenders by PPI as well. made in '87. I have not decided if im going to install them or sell them. im just to lazy at this point in time to deal with the fitment issues that come with glass parts.

we shall see.

now that I think of it, most of my series one 240Z was fiberglass, all made by PPI. they had some neat parts, inlcuding full fiberglass qtr panels with built in flairs. (still have those) im wondering if they have long since gone out of business.

anywho...

Guest Your Car is Slow

Want to trade for my stock fenders? They are in immaculate condition...with damn near perfect orange paint too.

Id hate to carve/weld/bondo these original panels up....since its just going to be a drag only car.

Guest Your Car is Slow

Well..I never really considered selling them until recently.

I planned on shaving the turn signals...and got to thinking about how good a condition the body of the car actually is and I felt bad about busting out the welder on it. Not to mention I really dont care for the Orange color of the car....dont get me wrong..the paint is in wonderful shape...but not what I had in mind when I started this project

Id also like to remove as much weight from the front of the car as possible....but if the fiberglass fenders are only a minor weight reduction...its not worth the hassle.

I certainly have no desire to yank them off without fiberglass replacements to go on...so Id have to work something out with someone else.