HybridZ

Best boost control for 280ZXT I/C w. 3" exhaust convers

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi. I'd like to keep my car as reliable as possible after the addition of the I/C and exhaust above, but I am getting a ton of conflictual advice as to what boost controller is safe and effective for my needs, of sub 300bhp, looking for low end power, not high end racing, I'd prefer not to have to get the JCW chip, and also would steer towards a fully electronic model. Also, if anyone knows, why are most of the computers sold on Ebay (Blitz, Greddy, AVC(?) all coming out of Japan...does that mean no warranty, no US service/support? Seems like a liablity issue to me, but Idunno..). Thanks

John Hart

Guest bastaad525

The DIY boost controller works great, is easy to make, easy to install, and costs about $10 in parts :) Myself and a few other guys on here use it and love it. Only disadvantage is that it doesn't look cool, I guess, and that there's no practical way to install it in the cockpit (w/o creating bad spiking issues) so to adjust you gotta pop the hood.

You can get a manual grainger valve(ball and spring type), you can get a cockpit adjustable one which are still relatively cheap and work as well as most electronic boost controllers (and even btter than some). I would avoid the manual bleeder type valves. Many of the electronic ones are not that good, check out this nice article from Sports Compact mag on the electronic controllers and one grainger type valve before you decide on which electronic controller, if any to purchase.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0207scc_boostcontrol/