HybridZ

welders and fabricators check this out....

i know its OT but i didnt know where else to put it. i made this today for my girl , call me fruity, but she loved it. its all from scrap steel from the shop and the colorization is from tig welding the "petals" on and leavin the heat on them longer so they would change colors http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/peej410/vwp?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album&.dnm=amysflower.jpg&.view=t

honest opinions, what do u guys think?

Honestly? That is cool! I would have never thought of doing that with my scrap. You see that stuff going for ~$30 at craft fairs. Hope your lady liked it. Try making a dozen of those and go to a craft fair and see if they sell (extra $$ for the Z!). If they don't, you'll have some realy neat presents to give out come Christmas time :wink: . Heck, I'll even buy one off ya! What will you charge a HybridZ fella? Seriously.

!M!

i dunno, im not really the artsy type but i was playing with header leftovers, from the collecters we make and my boss was like we always throw these out what can we do with them, so i took a pile threw it on the bench. something reminded me of my girl for a second then the next thing iknew i was like holy crap! , so i went scavenging around and thats what i came up with. for one of you hybridz guys, id only ask for what it would cost to package and ship it. if you guys ever need anything custom made let me know... take care - pete

Hey its cool, for my last anniversary, I fabricated a special sword from a video game that my gf and I like to play. Everyone thought I was crazy, but after i made it, they all wanted one. She loved it and thats all that counts, just stay creative you wouldnt believe what you can come up with, i made a ct26 turbo inlet housing into a candle holder once...

That`s quite nice Pete.

It alt to get you some loven points. :D

Gotta take care of the ladies!

heh i wish she was really my girl, we are just friends, i knew it would cheer her up, i only really met her last week. i always saw her car outside her work, its a really nice 98 prelude SH with a bit of work done to it and all of it was very clean and tasteful, when i found out a girl drove it i had to investigate. we ended up getting along really well. anyways happy halloweeen guys thanks for the support as always im heading out to the bar. have a good weekend!

Now that I've learned how to weld, I've thought of making a giant version of something like that and sell it to artsy-fartst rich folks for thousands. I know a guy who has his own six hole golf course on his property, and every hole has a really simple sculpture made out of 2x2 mild steel tubes (about 5 grand each). There's this welding supply place nearby that has lots of ornamental stampings, like flowers and leaves-maybe I can make something exorbitantly expensive out of that and help pay back the cost of my car buildup.

GET THIS!

My wife and I are walking through the fancy lobby of the local hospital and she points at this art displayed on the wall and say is that a hood? I look and it's a 79-83 280ZX hood with a couple big roughly cut steel plates welded over the hood vents and a little bit of random scraps here and there for effect. for the most part though it is a stock hood. heck with minor cleaning up it would be usable. They painted it this translucent gold/bronze color and hung it on the wall. I often wonder what they paid for that.

I like to be creative from time to time and have wondered if I could make extra Z cash with something simple.

There is an art store near me with insects made from rebar and other scrap that are like 6 to 10 feet long. They have price tags in the 5K to 10K range...

Hey nice job on the flower, I like it.

If she's a nice girl and likes cars don't waste too much time on the friends thing... Most good looking girls are just waiting for a decent guy to have the guts to ask her out.

Perry

Guest Want aZ

PeeJ,

Whip some up and put them on ebay - THEY WILL SELL then you could definately pick up some extra $$$ for just about any project you want...since its from work, get them to make them up with a % for you since you did come up with it....

Just thinkin...

Damon

hrm, well today i cut about 20 more collector tubes and i still have about 10 slices from last week, so thats like 6 flowers, then theres the 2 inch collectors im going to be jigging up to cut tomorrow. so we will see what happens, and as far as amy goes shes absolutely fantastic in just about every way, but shes still getting over her ex, im doin my best to help her through it. we will see how it goes. ill run the selling flowers idea by her see what she thinks. thanks for the advice guys -pete