HybridZ

93 LT1 .....is there a LT1 Edit for my ECM???

I have looked in the past post but all I seem to be coming up with is LT1 edit for 94-97. Does any one know where I can get an LT1 Edit program for my 93 ECM? :confused: Also where can I get some wiring scematics and a painless wiring kit? :confused: I known they cost extra but I really want my engine compartment neat. bonk.gif:D

Thanks rockon.gif2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

I have a 93 lt-1 also. I sent the chip off and had it reprogrammed. Worked great. Had the VATS deleated and the chip matched to the heads and cam I put on the car. Mark

Guest Anonymous

I think you can change computers, but I'm unsure GM used MAF and which they used Speed density, it might be a matter of changing computer and eliminating MAF or something like that. As mentioned there isn't a removable Eprom on the 94-97 you connect to it and program directly as you know with LT1 Edit. If you do use it, let us know how you like it, I'm considering using one of those computers when I get my homebuilt fuely system working (or more accurately, when I get the time and $$ to finish the system.).

Regards,

Lone

Guest LT-1 350Z

i also have a 93 lt-1 engine and to start the car i bought the painless wires but i used a 93 z28 stock chip($40)and i took the vats module from a 93 bonneville with matching key , then i got the wiring diagram and a new key cylinder then i put it in the ligther hole and now my car has extra security .something datsun are no good at it.i went this way cause is cheaper than to pay some one to burn a chip for a stock engine.if you want a lt-1 edit you should dump the 93 computer and buy a 94 and up& maf sensor.i'm looking for a chip burning machine. summit use to sell it for $199 some year back. but now i'm stuck with the stock chip.

So let me get this straight.... I should buy a 94-97 ECM, get a MAF sensor to go with it and hook it up(once the VATS are gone). This should work then? Is there anything I am missing??? :confused:bonk.gifugg.gif

Thanks for the help.

Guest Anonymous

I believe LT1 edit will let YOU remove vats on a 94-97 computer, at least from the looks of the literature on they're website.

Regards,

Lone

• 5 years later...
Guest josh79camaro
So let me get this straight.... I should buy a 94-97 ECM, get a MAF sensor to go with it and hook it up(once the VATS are gone). This should work then? Is there anything I am missing??? :confused:bonk.gifugg.gif

Thanks for the help.

i have a 94-97 comp looking for a 93 comp, let's talk

Do you still need a 93 ECM? I have one I think. It's been burned for a LT4 HOTCAM and bigger injectors(36lbs). What year is your ECM? I think the 96-97 are different than the 94-95 ECM. Let me know maybe I'll be interested in a trade?

Guy