HybridZ

Turbo installed again!

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

man, installing all that stuff is really easy when you have a non webbing intake, aluminum bar fuel rail with AN fittings, and almost no excess vacuum lines or valves! It took me about an hour to install it, then it took another ETERNITY to fit my damn 3" exhaust in there. That sucker is heavy! I recommend anyone who builds their own system to use some flanges so you can break it apart, unless you have someone who can help you whenever you want to get it out. I was by myself!

Also, if you ever take off your intake and such, I highly recommend using studs! those are a dream when removing and reinstalling those manifolds!

I also verified that my oil line to the turbo works like a mo-fo. I started the car to get the oil pumped, then removed the line and attached it so it would hopefully squirt out of the engine bay and I could verify that it was working. It did, but I didn't leave it running long enough to make it squirt far, so it just got all over my battery. but I had lot's of oil coming out of that line.

I wonder what really killed my turbo, Majestic said it died from oil starvation...

Guest szlash280z

yeah, I took off the end that is connected to the turbo, its a braided line so I flexed it out of the way and turned the car on for a few seconds. lots of oil came out, but I didn't run it long enough to get high pressure.

Congrats szlash. Glad your back in the saddle. Now make those tires screeeeem :twisted: Yes, same here - nice to get my cousins T3/T4 back from Majestic, get it installed quickly because if the experience of doing it a few times ( :bonk: ) to find out it's all good :D

Guest szlash280z

I recommend exhaust studs, one of those flexible tool grabbers (for intsalling the washers on the exhaust studs if the engine is in the car, not really needed if you assemble the manifolds on a stand) and a really long 3/8drive wobble extension. also, don't lose any nuts and bolts. I lost one of my downpipe nuts, so only 3 hold it onto my turbo.

Guest bastaad525

you're gonna start leaking exhaust and possibly ruin your gasket if you drive it like that... that's EXACTLY what happened with mine, I lost one of the nuts holding the DP to the turbo, and exhaust started leaking there really bad... if you remember about a month ago that was one of my big complaints, horrible exhaust smell in the car. Even after I put a nut back on there and tightened the hell out of it the leak didn't stop and I had to replace the gasket.

I agree with you about the intake... having the '75 intake makes things not only look nicer but it's much less hassle getting to stuff and getting the intake or exhuast manifold on and off.... not having the cold start stuff on there sux sometimes as the car is really unhappy when it's cold, but otherwise I'm much happier with this intake.