HybridZ

Alternative Rear Defroster?

georgiaz

The rear defroster grids on my Z are pretty much gone and the back glass stays fogged up when it rains. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative. I sure can't afford new glass. I even thought about one of those $15 heater/fans from JC whitney that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

I am using a JC Whitney heater fan that I connect to the defroster wires via allegator clips. So when I need the fan to go on I use the original defroster button to turn it on. It works fine and I can move it around since I have it resting on a box in the back. It is pretty ghetto but what the hell it works.

I had always thought that the M1 flame heater would be an excellent choice for a rear defogger.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2224

However upon testing the unit on my ex-wife’s lawyer’s BMW I found the unit is just a little too fuel hungry.

Cheers!

Glenn

Isn't window tinting applied over the defroster grid that is already on there?

You could conceivably put a new one over what's there, but I chose to remove the tinting (don't need any in Ohio) and the grid seems to be not working now. So maybe a new grid would be the better choice than to repair the old one.