HybridZ

Been scammed guys maybe you can help me out

ToplessZ

I'm wondering, was that ad he posted a picture? If it is, and you havn't formatted/deleted your temporary internet files the ad should still be in there.

Other than that, unless you have it written down somewhere dated and signed saying there 16" 's its pretty much your word against his.

Maybe Richard is Josh's dad. He may not be too fond of Josh ripping people off.

Whois lookup:

Registrant:

Idenconnection.com

213 Shaffer Ave.

Bellmawr, New Jersey 08031

United States

Registered through: eHosted.net

Domain Name: IDENCONNECTION.COM

Created on: 01-Jun-03

Expires on: 01-Jun-04

Last Updated on: 01-Jun-03

Administrative Contact:

Grams, Richard watchmego@watchmego.com

Watchmego

213 Shaffer Ave.

United States

(856) 933-7719 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Grams, Richard watchmego@atchmego.com

213 Shaffer Ave.

United States

(856) 931-7719 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.RACKSHACK.NET

NS2.RACKSHACK.NET

Well I checked out the temp. Internet files and it just netted a dead link because zcar ads only last 14 days. All I have the email he sent me saying they were 16 inch tires :evil: Maybe Ill just fly up there and beat the piss outta that kid. I dont have much use for a set of fifteen inch wheels with tires that are too small. The tires were to perfect size to upgrade to 16 inch wheels and not have a much taller tire on my altima. Now im out a chunk of cash and have wheels I cant use taking up garage space GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

contact your local police department, with the information and address you have the local police should be able to get you the number for the police dept where this scammer lives. File the complaint. Its the only way you'll ever see any money or product.

Yes I know thats what he said thats just not what I got. I think the kid thought 16 inch rims would sound more attractive yet not be a big enough difference to get him in trouble. I just dont know what to do now that I have the rims. Maybe I should ship them back to him then demand a refund.

No it wasnt a mistake as they were sold on the zcar board as 16's and the tire size says 16's and I talked to his father and he said their is no way that his son could have confused them. I dont think his father is very honest either though because they have call screening and refused to answer my calls until I gave my name as "the next call will be to the police" Then I ask for Joshua and I hear a "no mom wait" then she gives the phone to her husband. He promised me a return phone call 2 days ago and I havent heard back from him. He did say he would give me a refund if they were falsely advertised and he would look into it. I emailed vince at zcar.com about the classified add a couple days ago but havnt heard from him either. Thanks for your help so far guys.

That sucks big time, I feel your pain :evil: I was taken a couple of years ago for a cowl hood 400 bucks down the shitter. Do not ever do business with Rich Cervini of the Cervini fiberglass fame.

He's a Z guy but a real thief, just ask the couple dozen or more people ripped off by him over at Zcar.com :twisted:

I ever catch up to him and I maybe looking at some quality time in the Big house :shock:

Mike

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Ok, apparently someone knows how to do a whois but doesnt know what the information means. The information is just for the owner of that domain name. (Whatever that domain name is). If that domain name was simply taken from the fellow's email address, then that means about as much as having the whois info for Yahoo.com to find me!

If Zcar.com has a classified section, I would imagine that you could contact the admin for Zcar.com to look up old ads and help you in your challenge against this seller. In order to have anything against this guy you are going to need some proof that there was a verbal or written agreement to the affect that these were supposed to be different wheels than what you received.

This email:

To: "jared worley"

Subject: Re: Reply to your ZCAR.COM Classified Ad

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:22:01 -0400

They are 205/55/R16 TIRES

May be some help, of course, that only confirms the tire size. He could have had those tires on 15" rims even though he couldnt use them like that. What size tires did you receive?

Sorry i don't have a link for you but look up the federal internet fraud reporting site. You can fill out a complaint there.

I had a problem. and after informing the other party that a federal complaint had been filed my goods arrived in 3 days .This was after close to a year of trying to get satisfaction. Good Luck. Tom

He did say he would give me a refund if they were falsely advertised and he would look into it.

There's your mea culpa. Send them back with printouts of all the e-mails and the original posting. I'm sure this guy doesn't want to explain to a cop about his sons false advertizing and mail fraud. Ask for reinbursement for shipping as well. Give the father a chance to make it right before you call the cops. If you don't get any satisfaction in a couple of weeks turn it over to the authorities.

Jared, Dan has a good idea except, Iwould first send copys of the documents ,then if they make an effort to return your money send the tires. You don't want to end up without the money and tires. I would also make sure all corespondance has proof of delivery .

When you file with the internet fraud task force you will recieve an id #so you can update your report later. Hopefully to report a positive resolution . Later ,Tom