HybridZ

RB30

Guest Shaddow Edge

Guest Shaddow Edge

Can anyone point me in the right direction on who to see/read/talk to about putting an RB30 in a 260Z

I've got the chance to pick up a second engine with loom and computer from a rear ended car for a couple of hundred dollars and need to find out how hard, and how to do it and what need changing etc.

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23010

the rb30 is a bit taller so custom engine mounts will be in line if you want it to fit under the hood.... i would go with a stand alone ems fro the ease of tuning... if you go with the stock ecu you will have to get it tuned every time you make a change.

good luck...BTW pretty much anything involving a rb20, 25, 26 will apply to the rb30.

Shaddow...do a search. There is another aussie guy who has a rb30 with the rb25 head floating around here. I wouldnt be surprized if there was a few differences in the sumps and engine mounts. Also the rb30 might have used G.M. injection. This can be tuned relativly inexpensively. I could be compleatly wrong. I havent seen one of these engines for a good 6 - 7 years now and Stony is a guru for shure, but just think about what went into those era c/dore chassis, 5.0 v8, 3.3 pushrod 6, straight 4, rb30 and over here the rb20. Mounts have got tp be different.

Happy hunting!

Douglas

There's a mod in melbourn i think this is them castle auto they have engine mounts for the RB30 into 240 and 260 z for around $130 and sumps for $500 plus can make you a wiring harness 450$ for manul or $650 for auto the wed site i wwwcastleauto.com.au the follow the links i hope this helps i made all my own stuff then found out about them latter o well cheers