HybridZ

volvo intercooler installation pics?

Guest szlash280z

http://viewyachts.com/chris/yellowz/icmounted.JPG

I had more pics, but shooting with a real camera (no flash), and in the dark makes it kinda hard. If you need more i can get more. I have the photos of scotties install on my other computer, but it got a nasty trojan so im not using it till i can fix it properly.

I had to cut out the center lower support, but that was only because I have a 240z, the 280z lower front crossmember has a dip in it.

I used 4 aluminum strips bent around as supports. As the IC sits now it is in front of the stock 280zxt oil cooler. The driverside is slightly further forward, and the entire unit is offset towards the passenger side. I used sections of pvc pipe to help line up the passenger side of the ic with the hole in the radiator support.

It hasn't been plumbed yet, but the passengerside should be easy, while the driverside I'm should be able to use two tight 90* sections of tubing.

Guest szlash280z

that looks great vashonz! do you have any pics of it with the hood up? it looks like you painted the end caps silver. that's what I planned on doing, but I was going to paint the whole thing silver.

Guest szlash280z

man, that Z31 engine is soooo much smaller looking than the good ole L28! look at all that room that's leftover! is that not your current setup anymore? thanks!